FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: NOVEMER 2, 2017
On October 30, 2017, the Honorable Jennifer Growcock, Circuit Judge of Division 2 of the Christian County Circuit Court, sentenced former Highlandville resident, Joseph W. Hahne (40), to the Missouri Department of Corrections. Hahne was a charged as a prior and persistent offender in 5 different cases. The charges and corresponding sentences are as follows:
• Receiving Stolen Property (Class C Felony): 10 Years
• Receiving Stolen Property (Class C Felony): 10 years
• Making False Report (Class B Misdemeanor): 6 Months
• Receiving Stolen Property (Class C Felony): 7 years
• Fraudulently Stop Payment (Class D Felony): 5 years
• Defrauding Secured Creditor (Class D Felony): 5 years
• Passing Bad Check (Class A Misdemeanor): 30 Days
All sentences are to be run concurrent for a maximum of 10-years in the Missouri Department of Corrections. The Court retained jurisdiction for 120 days with Institutional Treatment in the Department of Corrections.
The State was represented by Christian County Senior Assistant Prosecuting Attorney John L. Young. The Victim Advocate was Julie Harlan.