If are the victim of a crime, or have witnessed a crime, then go to the nearest police station or if there is an emergency call 911.
1. If you are within the city limits of a city go to the city police department. For example, if in Ozark go to the Ozark Police Department. If you are in Nixa go to the Nixa Police Department.
2. If you are outside of the city limits go to the Christian County Sheriff’s Department.
3. If you are not sure whether you are in the city limits or not please call 911 or one of the police departments listed below, or go to the nearest police station or the Christian County Sheriff’s Department.
Billings Police Department
251 NE. Hwy 60
Billings, MO 65610
Christian County Sheriff’s Department
110 W Elm St.
Ozark, Missouri 65721
Phone: (417) 581-1519
Clever Police Department
P.O. Box 52
Clever, MO 65631
Highlandville Police Department
P.O. Box 212
Highlandville, MO 65669
Missouri State Highway Patrol, Troop D
3131 East Kearney Street
Springfield, MO 65803-5044
Phone: (417) 895-6868
Nixa Police Department
PO Box 395 / 715 West Center Circle
Nixa, MO 65714
Phone: (417) 725-2510
Ozark Police Department
201 East Brick Street
Ozark, Missouri 65721
Sparta Police Department
Sparta, MO 65753
Phone: (417) 581-3536
WHAT TO TELL THE POLICE
1. When giving a police report be very detailed and tell them everything you remember about the person, incident or situation.
2. Background facts may be important so share them briefly and allow the officer to ask questions.
3. Give information about where the suspects lives or works if known to you.
4. Do not guess. If you do not remember what something or someone looked like just say you don’t remember.
5. Tell the police if you feel you are in imminent danger.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
1. If you feel you are in immediate danger find somewhere safe. Go to a shelter or a family or friends home. If your situation meet the requirements, you may wish to seek an Order of Protection through the circuit court.
2. If you learn any information after making your initial police report, report the additional information to the police.
3. You may be contacted by the prosecutor’s office regarding charges that have been filed. You may be Subpoenaed to testify as to what you have seen or been through.
4. It is important to be cooperative with the police and prosecutor’s office for the protection of you and citizens of the community.