Ozark, MO – The Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys (MAPA) awarded Prosecutor Amy Fite the 2014 Family Violence Hero of the Year award. She accepted this award on August 27, 2014 at Tan-Tar-A Lodge during the MAPA fall conference. This award is given to recognize a prosecutor, law enforcement officer, victims’ services representative, or other allied professional who has displayed extraordinary dedication to victim well-being and safety and perpetrator accountability as demonstrated by one or more of the following:
• Work on a specific case: A high profile or complicated case requiring the nominee to go above and beyond the normal bounds of his or her responsibilities.
• Training: A demonstrated dedication to the training of prosecutors, law enforcement officers, or the public on issues related to child abuse, domestic violence or sexual violence.
• Legal or legislative developments: Work on a new or significant issues related to child abuse, domestic violence or sexual violence.
• Victim services: An extraordinary focus on victim services and advocacy for victim’s rights.
• Career achievement: A general demonstration of interest in, work on and dedication to child abuse, domestic violence and sexual violence issues.